21 July 2011

Synth.nl Mobile Studio in Action

If you think I'm not doing any music while I'm away you are wrong :) I can't go without my music. Here is the mobile studio I carry around when I'm out on a trip. I run Cakewalk Sonar on my notebook with some soft synths mostly Rob Papen's stuff, I use an Edirol UA-25 sound card with my AKG K-271 headphones and an Akai MPK mini keyboard. Everything is USB powered and runs right on 110 and 230 Volts. On this set I can make music anywhere in the World. I start the projects with soft synths and can use the midi data later to play on my hardware synthesizers when necessary and add some external effects etc. At the moment I am working on a track about the Gemini space missions inspired by our visit to the Cape Canaveral Air Force Base last week. I already did a track about the Mercury Project in the past. You can listen to it here if you like: http://www.synth.nl/music/samplers/schallplattexii. Enjoy!

No comments: